Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tattoos In Hip-Hop: Lil Wayne


Lil Wayne stated in an interview that he got his first tattoo when he was 14 years old to honour his late father. Since then, the YMCMB rapper has completely covered his body in tattoos - including ones on his forehead resembling cracks "like Frankenstein".


“I have no problem with people going and getting a billion tattoos. 
But why are you doing it? I know my first tattoo I got, I got because my dad died. 
I was 14 years old and I knew, not for nothing, God forgive me, I did want to represent my dad in a way but I knew that, ‘Man, I could get my first tattoo at 14 if I asked my mom, ‘Can I go get my dad’s name?’ She’s not gonna be against that.’ The next tattoo that I got said ‘Original Hot Boy’ with a star... 





...Then I went and got my tat across my stomach ’cause I wanted to be like Tupac. 
I got my tattoo because I wanted to be like Tupac and at the time, 
I would tell the tattoo dude that’s why I was getting it."





What's funny is, I like that I don't understand the reason or meaning behind his tattoos.